Strawberry OG is a popular Sativa-dominant hybrid strain that offers a powerful and fruity strawberry aroma and a THC content ranging from 20.17% to 21.5%. It is a crossbreed of SFV OG, Bruce Banner’s OG Kush, and Strawberry Diesel. Strawberry OG has gained immense popularity due to its energetic and creative effects, which make it an ideal strain for daytime consumption.
What Strain is Strawberry OG?
Strawberry OG is a hybrid strain, with a Sativa dominance of 60% and Indica dominance of 40%. It has a high THC content, which makes it quite strong and potent. With a lineage of SFV OG, Bruce Banner’s OG Kush, and Strawberry Diesel, Strawberry OG has the perfect combination of Indica and Sativa, which makes it an excellent strain for both recreational and medicinal use.
Strawberry OG Strain Info
Strawberry OG has a THC content ranging from 20.17% to 21.5%. It has a terpene profile dominated by caryophyllene. The other terpenes present in this strain include limonene, phellandrene, ocimene, myrcene, humulene, linalool, and pinene.
Strawberry OG Strain Effects
The effects of Strawberry OG are energetic, creative, and happy. It is an excellent strain for daytime use, as it provides a boost of energy and creativity. The strain is also known to relieve stress and anxiety.
Strawberry OG Strain Terpenes
The dominant terpene in Strawberry OG is caryophyllene, with other terpenes like limonene, phellandrene, ocimene, myrcene, humulene, linalool, and pinene also present in smaller amounts. The terpene profile gives Strawberry OG its unique fruity and sweet aroma.
Strains Like Strawberry OG
Some strains that are similar to Strawberry OG include:
- Vietnamese Bubba: A Sativa-dominant hybrid with a THC content ranging from 18% to 21.75%, offering a tingly effect and a spicy-herbal taste.
- LA Sunshine: A hybrid strain with a THC content ranging from 15.25% to 17.75%, providing a giggly effect and a peach flavor.
- Banana Crack: An Indica-dominant hybrid with a THC content ranging from 19.5% to 23.5%, offering a hungry effect and an apple flavor.
- Daniel Larusso: A hybrid strain with a THC content ranging from 21% to 26%, providing a happy effect and a spicy-herbal taste.
- Cookie Crunch: A hybrid strain with a THC content ranging from 23.5% to 24%, offering an uplifted effect and a sweet flavor.
Growing Strawberry OG Strain
Growing Strawberry OG is of moderate difficulty, and it is relatively easy to cultivate. It is photoperiod-dependent and takes 56 to 66 days to flower. The yield is around 1 to 2 ounces per square foot indoors and 15 to 20 ounces per plant outdoors. Strawberry OG grows to a height of 60-80 inches both indoors and outdoors.
How to Grow Strawberry OG Strain
Strawberry OG is relatively easy to cultivate, making it an ideal strain for novice growers. It can be grown indoors or outdoors and prefers a warm and dry climate. Strawberry OG is photoperiod-dependent and takes 56 to 66 days to flower. It grows to a height of 60-80 inches both indoors and outdoors.
Strawberry OG Strain Grow Tips
Some tips for growing Strawberry OG include:
- Ensure that the plant gets plenty of light during the vegetative and flowering stages.
- Use nutrient-rich soil and add fertilizers to enhance the growth of the plant.
- Maintain the humidity level between 40% and 50% during the flowering stage.
- Ensure proper air circulation to prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Prune the plant regularly to improve airflow and promote healthy growth.
Strawberry OG Flowering Time
The flowering time for Strawberry OG is 56 to 66 days.
Strawberry OG Strain Yield
The yield for Strawberry OG is around 1 to 2 ounces per square foot indoors and 15 to 20 ounces per plant outdoors.
When to Harvest Strawberry OG Strain
The best time to harvest Strawberry OG is when the trichomes turn milky white and the pistils start to darken. This usually occurs about 70 days after planting.
Is Strawberry OG Strain a Good Beginner Strain?
Strawberry OG is a good strain for beginner growers because it is relatively easy to cultivate and has moderate difficulty. It is also resistant to common plant diseases and pests. However, novice smokers should take caution, as its THC content can be high, which may cause discomfort to those who are not used to it.