Gorilla Snacks is an enticing cannabis strain known for its balanced hybrid effects and captivating terpene profile. Native to the Pacific Northwest, this strain has gained popularity among cannabis enthusiasts for its unique lineage and remarkable characteristics. In this article, we will delve into the details of Gorilla Snacks, exploring its origins, effects, terpene profile, and cultivation tips.
What strain is Gorilla Snacks?
Gorilla Snacks is a well-balanced hybrid strain with a genetic composition of 50% Sativa and 50% Indica. Bred by Heroes of the Farm, it is the result of crossing three remarkable strains: Guinness, Scooby Snacks, and Gorilla Glue #4. This intriguing combination contributes to the strain’s distinct qualities and effects.
Gorilla Snacks strain info
When it comes to detailed information about Gorilla Snacks, this strain boasts a THC content ranging from 23.5% to 26.5%. The CBD levels in Gorilla Snacks fall within the range of 0.37% to 0.63%. Additionally, the strain offers a balanced terpene profile, with caryophyllene as the dominant terpene. These elements come together to create the distinct aroma and taste associated with Gorilla Snacks.
Gorilla Snacks strain effects
The effects of Gorilla Snacks are predominantly relaxing, making it an ideal choice for those seeking calmness and tranquility. When consumed, it induces a sense of relaxation that can alleviate stress and tension. The strain’s flavor profile is characterized as pungent and earthy, adding to the overall experience.
Gorilla Snacks strain terpenes
Gorilla Snacks showcases a fascinating terpene profile that contributes to its unique aroma and flavor. The dominant terpene in this strain is caryophyllene, which adds spicy and peppery notes to its scent. Other terpenes present include pinene, myrcene, ocimene, camphene, humulene, limonene, linalool, terpinolene, and a total terpene content of 1.01%.
Strains like Gorilla Snacks
If you enjoy the effects and flavors of Gorilla Snacks, you may be interested in exploring other strains that share similar qualities. Some strains that resemble Gorilla Snacks in terms of effects and taste include LA Affie, Purple Punchsicle, Oil Spill, Critical Widow, Starburst, and Terp Town. These strains offer a variety of experiences and flavors, providing options for cannabis enthusiasts seeking alternatives to Gorilla Snacks.
Growing Gorilla Snacks strain
When it comes to growing Gorilla Snacks, it is considered to have a moderate level of difficulty. The flowering time for this strain typically ranges from 59 to 66 days, with a photoperiod flowering type. Indoor yields can range from 0.5 to 1 ounce per square foot (~300 grams per square meter), while outdoor yields can reach 15 to 20 ounces per plant (~550 grams per plant). The plant’s height indoors and outdoors can range from 30 to 60 inches.
How to grow Gorilla Snacks strain
To cultivate Gorilla Snacks, follow these guidelines:
- Choose a suitable growing environment: Gorilla Snacks can be grown both indoors and outdoors. Ensure the selected space provides ample light, proper ventilation, and controlled temperature and humidity levels.
- Germinate the seeds or acquire clones: Start by germinating Gorilla Snacks seeds or obtain healthy clones from a reliable source. Provide them with the necessary conditions to develop strong roots.
- Optimal lighting: If growing indoors, provide the plants with a well-balanced lighting system. LED grow lights or high-intensity discharge (HID) lights are commonly used for cannabis cultivation.
- Nutrient-rich soil or hydroponics: Use nutrient-rich soil or hydroponic systems to provide the plants with essential nutrients throughout their growth cycle. Maintain a pH level between 6.0 and 7.0 for optimal nutrient absorption.
- Watering and humidity: Water the plants when the top layer of soil feels dry. Avoid overwatering, as it can lead to root rot. Maintain a humidity level between 40% and 50% during the vegetative stage and lower it to 30% to 40% during the flowering stage.
- Training and pruning: Apply training techniques like topping, pruning, or low-stress training (LST) to enhance canopy development and promote even bud distribution.
- Flowering stage: After the vegetative stage, switch the lighting schedule to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to initiate flowering. Monitor the plants for any signs of nutrient deficiencies or pests.
- Harvesting: Gorilla Snacks usually takes approximately 59 to 66 days to complete its flowering stage. Determine the ideal harvest time by monitoring the trichomes’ color and maturity. Harvest when the trichomes appear milky or amber.
Gorilla Snacks strain grow tips
Consider the following grow tips when cultivating Gorilla Snacks:
- Maintain proper air circulation and ventilation in the grow space to prevent mold or mildew issues.
- Provide adequate support for the branches during the flowering stage, as the buds can become dense and heavy.
- Monitor and adjust the pH and nutrient levels regularly to ensure the plants receive the necessary nutrients without nutrient imbalances.
- Prune and remove any yellowing or dead leaves to promote airflow and prevent the spread of pests or diseases.
- Use organic pest control methods or beneficial insects to keep pests at bay, ensuring a healthy and thriving crop.
Gorilla Snacks flowering time
Gorilla Snacks has a flowering time that typically ranges from 59 to 66 days. During this period, the plants transition from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage, developing buds that will eventually be ready for harvest.
Gorilla Snacks strain yield
When it comes to Gorilla Snacks strain yield, outdoor growers can expect a bountiful harvest of 15 to 20 ounces per plant (~550 grams per plant). Indoor cultivators can achieve yields ranging from 0.5 to 1 ounce per square foot (~300 grams per square meter). With proper care and cultivation techniques, Gorilla Snacks rewards growers with satisfying yields that showcase the strain’s quality and potency.
When to harvest Gorilla Snacks strain
It is recommended to harvest Gorilla Snacks when the trichomes have reached their desired level of maturity. Look for milky or amber-colored trichomes using a magnifying tool. Harvesting at the appropriate time ensures optimal potency and desired effects from the strain.
Is Gorilla Snacks a good beginner strain?
Due to its moderate grow difficulty level, Gorilla Snacks may not be the most suitable strain for beginners who are new to cannabis cultivation. However, with proper research, dedication, and attention to detail, beginners can still achieve successful yields with Gorilla Snacks by following best practices and seeking guidance from experienced growers.