Blue Diesel is a hybrid strain that is a cross between Blueberry, NYC Diesel, and Sour Diesel, with some Afghani, Hawaiian, Mexican, and Thai strains thrown into the mix. It is also known as Blue City Diesel and is quite popular in the Western United States and Arizona. Blue Diesel has a dominant terpene of myrcene and a THC content of between 16.8% to 19.6%, with a CBD level of 0.32% to 0.43%, and a CBG level of 0.18% to 1.23%.
What Strain is Blue Diesel?
Is Blue Diesel a good strain? Blue Diesel is a highly rated strain due to its high THC content, easy growing process, and unique flavor. This strain has a 50/50 balance of Sativa and Indica, providing a well-rounded high that is perfect for a variety of occasions. Blue Diesel has a flowering time of 59 to 68 days and is relatively easy to grow, making it a good choice for novice growers.
The Blue Diesel strain is known for its berry and diesel flavors and provides a happy, euphoric effect. It is a popular choice for those seeking relaxation and mood enhancement.
Blue Diesel Strain Info
Blue Diesel weed strain has a terpene profile that includes pinene, myrcene, ocimene, humulene, limonene, linalool, terpinolene, phellandrene, and caryophyllene, with a total terpene content of 1.00%. The myrcene dominant terpene provides Blue Diesel’s aroma and taste. Blue Diesel has a THC content that ranges from 16.8% to 19.6%, making it a potent strain. The CBD content ranges from 0.32% to 0.43%, while the CBG level ranges from 0.18% to 1.23%.
Blue Diesel Strain Effects
What are the effects of Blue Diesel strain? The Blue Diesel strain provides a happy and uplifting effect that is perfect for socializing or creative endeavors. It is also known to provide relaxation and mood enhancement. This strain is a good choice for those seeking to reduce stress and anxiety while boosting their mood. The Blue Diesel strain tastes like a mixture of berries and diesel and is good for sleep due to its calming effects.
Blue Diesel Strain Terpenes
The Blue Diesel strain terpene profile includes myrcene, limonene, caryophyllene, and pinene. The myrcene terpene is dominant and provides the strain’s flavor and aroma. The limonene terpene is responsible for the citrus flavor, while the caryophyllene terpene provides a spicy, peppery flavor. The pinene terpene is responsible for the earthy, pine flavor of the Blue Diesel strain.
Strains Like Blue Diesel
There are many strains similar to Blue Diesel, including Volcano Hash Plant, ICED Grapefruit, Strawberry Haze, Red Haze, Purple Punchsicle, and Bread Crumbs. These strains are similar to Blue Diesel in terms of their effects, taste, and growing difficulty.
Growing Blue Diesel Strain
Growing Blue Diesel strain is relatively easy and is a good choice for novice growers. It has a flowering time of 59 to 68 days, a harvest time of 74 days, and a yield of 0.5 to 1 oz/ft² (~300 g/m²) indoors. It is a photoperiod plant that grows to a height of less than 30 inches indoors and up to 60 inches outdoors. Blue Diesel seeds autoflower can also be used for easy growing.
How to Grow Blue Diesel Strain
If you’re interested in growing Blue Diesel, it’s important to note that this strain is relatively easy to cultivate. The plant can be grown indoors or outdoors, but it prefers a warm and dry climate. Here are some tips for growing Blue Diesel:
- Soil: Blue Diesel thrives in a well-draining soil that is rich in nutrients. Make sure to amend your soil with compost or organic fertilizer to provide the plant with the nutrients it needs.
- Light: Blue Diesel is a photoperiod plant and requires 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower. If growing indoors, make sure to provide the plant with adequate light using grow lights.
- Water: Blue Diesel requires regular watering, but make sure not to overwater as it can lead to root rot. Water only when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch.
- Nutrients: Blue Diesel requires regular feeding with nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Make sure to follow the recommended feeding schedule to prevent nutrient burn.
- Training: Blue Diesel can be trained to grow in a particular shape or size. Techniques such as topping, pruning, and low-stress training can help increase yield and improve plant health.
Blue Diesel Strain Grow Tips
- Use high-quality soil to provide the plant with the nutrients it needs.
- Provide adequate light using grow lights for indoor grows.
- Water only when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch.
- Regularly feed with nutrients to prevent nutrient burn.
- Train the plant to increase yield and improve plant health.
Blue Diesel Flowering Time
Blue Diesel has a flowering time of 59 to 68 days. The plant is a photoperiod strain, which means it requires 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower. The flowering stage is where the plant produces buds, which can be harvested when they are ripe and ready.
Blue Diesel Strain Yield
Blue Diesel has a yield of 0.5 to 1 oz/ft² (~300 g/m²) indoors. The plant can grow up to 60 inches outdoors and less than 30 inches indoors. The yield can be increased through techniques such as training, pruning, and using high-quality nutrients.
When to Harvest Blue Diesel Strain
Blue Diesel should be harvested when the buds are ripe and ready. The plant has a harvest time of 74 days, but the buds can be checked for maturity by examining the trichomes. When the trichomes are milky or amber in color, it’s time to harvest. Harvesting too early can result in less potent buds, while harvesting too late can result in a loss of potency and flavor.
Is Blue Diesel a Good Beginner Strain?
Blue Diesel is an excellent strain for beginner growers due to its easy cultivation process and resistance to pests and diseases. The plant is relatively easy to grow, and its yield is sufficient for personal use. However, it’s important to note that the high THC content of Blue Diesel can be potent for novice smokers, so it’s important to start with a small dose and gradually increase it over time. Overall, Blue Diesel is a good choice for those seeking a balanced high and a unique flavor profile.